Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Loving the Sewing!

I always kind of despised sewing when I was younger. My mom was the 4-H sewing leader and so I was FORCED to learn the basics. I hated how accurately you had to sew things to get them to turn out right. I sewed a few arm and leg holes shut and unpicked about every seam at least twice. But these days I am LOVING being able to sew! I've sewn a couple dresses for the girls and I am learning how to quilt. It is so rewarding! I'm so ADDICTED TO COLOR and I just love all of the fun fabrics available. I just can't seem to control my impulse to buy fabric in every pattern and color. It is so much fun! I am currently in a little quilting group and we are sewing together a mystery quilt project. We get a few instructions each month as to what to sew. These are my blocks I completed for the 1st month. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Fun!!!!! I am totally getting into sewing too and have no clue how to do it. But I want to learn!!!!!! Do you buy your fabric on-line? There isn't much around here to choose from.
I can't wait to see your finished project!

Jill said...

that is so much fun, I love buying fabric, but don't love sewing it. my mother in law is amazing so she helps me. i love the pictures of sam, they are so funny.
jill castle