
I used to hate pancakes. Never been a big fan...they get too mushy with syrup to pick up on your fork and it drives me crazy! I've always been more of a french toast kind of girl...that is until I came across my Great Aunt Mert's FABULOUS buttermilk pancake recipe. We make it all the time-and I mean probably twice a week if not more-I am waiting for us to get sick of it, but they are just sweet enough that they almost taste like you are eating dessert for breakfast (or dinner-lots of the time). I think after this post we will have to have them for dinner tonight (again). Here is the recipe for your breakfast pleasure!
Great Aunt Mert's Buttermilk Pancakes
1 C buttermilk (which I never have, so use regular milk with 2 Tbsp of lemon juice mixed in)
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1/4 C sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 C flour
Mix all together and cook!-occasionally I add a titch more milk if it is a little too thick. ENJOY!
1 C buttermilk (which I never have, so use regular milk with 2 Tbsp of lemon juice mixed in)
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1/4 C sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 C flour
Mix all together and cook!-occasionally I add a titch more milk if it is a little too thick. ENJOY!



2 comments:
This is the same recipe I use. Holden asked me to never lose it. He loves pancakes from "scretch."
We just tried these, Thanks for the recipe they were scrumptous
Post a Comment