5 years ago
Monday, June 2, 2008
The Great Outdoors
We just got back from a little adventure to Arches National Park & Canyonlands. I apologize in advance for the excessive amount of pictures. A couple friends of ours, Adam & Abril, tagged along (a decision I'm sure they are regretting after sleepless nights with our children). Thanks Adam & Abril for putting up with us! We had such an awesome time! It was a pretty perfect trip. We had a great time hiking, relaxing, enjoying great company and of course, camping (if you can really call camping in a trailer camping). Man it was nice to have a CLEAN spot to make dinner, clean children, and sleep warmly. Don't get me wrong-I LOVED tent camping as a kid-and still do love it, but as a mom, a trailer is oh-so-nice! Anyways, here are way too many pics of our travels.
One of the Narrows in the Fiery Furnace (Arches). You have to have a special permit to hike in here because people get lost so easily. It was really fun to explore on our own. We packed the kids everywhere in these awesome packs (thanks to loving friends that let us borrow them).
Double O Arch on the Devil's Garden Trail (Abril and I opted out of hiking on the top of that one-there is actually an arch on top of an arch-they are on the very top).
On top of the slick-rock trail of Devil's Garden-there were cliffs on both sides of this part of the trail.
Delicate Arch-awesome hike and great views. I have never been here...it was a little bittersweet but an awesome experience (not to put a damper on things-but this is where my dad died 4 years ago and I was kind of antsy to be in the exact spot where he last was).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment