Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter Fun!

Finally getting around to posting about our fun EASTER weekend! We enjoyed lots of easter egg hunting, egg dying, and of course, CANDY!
(I think Jared is secretly more excited than anyone because he knows the girls can't eat all the treats by themselves!)
It's a bit long, but there were too many cute pictures to choose from!
The annual Town Easter Egg Hunt...a big event in our little neck of the woods! They hunt for eggs, get candy, and chase bunnies. It is pretty wild!Notice there aren't too many eggs in those baskets...When the hunt started, Sam was determined to get a pink egg (she has quite the fetish with everything pink lately), needless to say, the other kids beat her to them..she searched and searched and ended up with one orange egg in the end (after a lot of prodding that orange was almost pink and considering there were all of 2 eggs left when she picked that one up). Lucky for Sam, after the hunt her friend Grace gave her a candy filled pink one she had brought from home. It made her day! What a cute friend!
A few of our dyed easter eggs...Jared's parents have chickens, so we get brown eggs instead of white. I was wondering if they would dye. They worked great and made for some pretty awesome, vibrant easter eggs! I still need a photography lesson from Jill or Camille to do them justice, but this will have to do!
The girls had lots of fun finding all the eggs the easter bunny left them Sunday morning throughout our house. Alex had to shake every one she picked up and put it in her mouth and Sam had to open all of hers and inspect the treats inside (oohing & awing the whole time).
Sam showing off her spoils...notice she finally found a PINK egg! The great hunt at Grandma's house Sunday afternoon. As you can see Alex really enjoyed it! I think most of the pictures we have she has an egg in her mouth! That plastic must taste good. Luckily she didn't get a hold of the dyed ones! Alex with her cousin Braxton (Sam wouldn't sit still for a cousin shot). Gotta love Alex's mohawk and dirty knees!

6 comments:

Jill said...

Looks like a fun Easter for you guys. Your girls are so cute. I posted where I read the article on my blog so if you still want it.

The Ericksons said...

Cute pictures. It looks like it was a lot of fun. The brown dyed eggs looked better than I thought they would.

A & E said...

Your little ladies are so cute...can't believe how long Sam's hair is! I love it! And Alex is getting so big. Glad you had a happy little Easter.

I Love Good Grub said...

What a fun Easter! and your photos are great!

The Giddings said...

The girls are so cute! Hopefully we'll see you all soon...at the blessing maybe?

sunnydaycamp said...

I LOVE THE EASTER egg photos.
and i alwasy love photos of sam and alex.

glad to hear and see that you had a very happy easter.