Well-as you can see I haven't posted in a while and it is oh two hundred in the morning...my usual MO-darn my dad for passing on the night owl jeans. I found this random pic on the internet that pretty much sums up what we've been up to...
Loads of Apple Picking
We've been busy bees at our house canning various yummy garden treasures and picking the apples up at the Ranch (Jared's parents' house). They have about 200 apple trees and not much manual labor with the boys all grown-which makes for ALOT of picking for us to help with. It is fun and great to be with our family. The girls have enjoyed running amuck-chasing the chickens that run loose in the orchard (and out the gate on more than one occasion!) as well as taking a bite out of every apple they pick up-no matter if it is wormy, rotten, or freshly picked. It is fun for about the first day. Ha. We end up picking a couple hundred bushels by the end-so it sure is a lot of picking! It is great though to reap the benefits-freshly picked, juicy, crunchy apples-and the best apple cider in the world! I can taste it now! Gotta love autumn!
Loads of Apple Picking




3 comments:
I miss Utah apples. Enjoy a glass of cider for me! They only drink Tea in the south.
Reena
This picture is so funny! Just imagining you all doing that ! I actually saw this right after you posted it last night--we really are night owls! I wish we could could be there to get some of that apple cider--it really is the best in the world!
oh girl-sorry you had to pick ALL the apples...no fun. but i'm going to go pay some sweet cash for mine. i have a great recipe for mulled cider you ought to try. it's heaven. i love the new family pics you have. so so so so cute.
Post a Comment