Monday, April 28, 2008

Birthday Wishes for another dear friend!

Here's a little birthday shout to another truly amazing example and friend in my life that I couldn't live without! Here are a few fun things I love about Nelle Belle!

1. She exudes energy from every little pore in her body! Always positive and happy!
2. She is a true people person and genuinely cares about everyone she meets! She will start a conversation with a total stranger and in 10 minutes they will have related their life story and written her into their will!
3. She has a fantastic memory. Her mom must have taken a lot of gingko when she was in the whom because she is great at remembering dates! She can recall most anyone's birthday, anniversary, etc!
4. She too has PHENOMENAL handwriting (I think this is a fettish of mine or something)...but if you've ever seen it, you know what I'm talking about. It's a work of art!
5. Watching Grease as teenagers and laughing to tears every time John Travolta smacks the kid in the face with the catchers mask-and having Amb rewind it 10 times and laugh hysterically each time. She has the most contagious laugh!
6. Looking fabulous and fresh at all times with no makeup required! She has a beautiful complexion and I am so jealous she is a redhead that can get a TAN!
7. She is great at making wonderful, new descriptive words for things, coming up with fun nicknames for people, etc. I don't know quite how to explain this, but it is a riot! At one point she had her own version of Spanish and everything had an 'el' in front if it when she would describe things. (PS she gave us both the same nickname as teenagers...and it would confuse the heck out of our families when we were younger...funny).
8. Determination...when she sets her mind to something, no matter how hard the task...she is one to get it done, no matter how long it takes. She is not easily discouraged.
9. Lucky! She has great faith and an unwavering testimony and things generally turn out for her even if the odds are unsurmountable! (Ok..so maybe that's not lucky, just very blessed because of her righteousness, but still) It is amazing! For example, the moment she decides to move to some crazy locale, some distant relative has a friend that has a cousin that needs a house-sitter in the exact city they are moving to...that's how things work for her. It is crazy!
10. This gal is charismatic and adventurous! She is not afraid to decide to take a vacation and fly out of the country the next week, decide in 20 minutes to drive cross-country for a 24 hour visit with a friend, etc. She gets a hair-brained idea and flies with it. She is exciting to be around!

I could go on and on, but you all know all of this about her anyways. So
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I love you Amb!

2 comments:

A & E said...

NELLE! You are amazing. Thank you for the beautiful note you left me, made me cry. You are such an incredible, dear friend, and I love you!

I Love Good Grub said...

Well put Mandy! Good job on the list. I agree with everything! Amber is sooooo cool.