Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Oh the great outdoors!

Jared and I ran away for a little 3-day trip with our good friends, the Fetters, to the Wind Rivers a couple weeks ago. People, if you have never experienced this beautiful country, it is time. It was magnificent! The scenery was to die for and the weather was great. The boys could have wished for a bit better fishing where we went, and I think Amber and I could have done with a few less mosquitoes, but it was great other than that. The place where we went was the upper Wind Rivers...So fun. It was amazing.
A view of Fremont Peak and the area we hiked into called Titcomb Basin.Looking over Seneca Lake where we made our base camp.Our little home for the 2 nights we spent. It was up behind the rocks on the north side of the lake.
Almost to the top of Titcomb Basin. Still lots of snow!
Upper Titcomb BasinOur good buddies, Amber & Evan Fetters. Thanks for the great time guys. If only we lived closer!
Lots of fishing along the way. There are lakes about every mile or so. Evan and one of the only fish caught on the trip. Golden Trout-we really wanted to eat you (too bad we were 7 miles from camp and didn't really want to smell fish the whole way).

6 comments:

A & E said...

what a great trip!
love the pics-i need a copy of them.
so glad we got to go and party up there.
i'm still dreamin' about that delish chicken fried steak-yum.

Russ, Emily, Parker and Hannah said...

How beautiful! What a fun trip.

sunnydaycamp said...

love the pictures. looks like you had a fun trip. i am glad you got to experience the winds... sorry you had to experience the mosquitoes however. love you!

Dave said...

Love the Winds!
Melissa and I were in that same area last time we went. Looks like tons of fun.

I Love Good Grub said...

So bummed I wasn't there with you guys! Love the pictures, that place is incredible. One of my favorite places ever.

Melissa said...

for sure one of the best places to spend backpacking. So glad you cache valley folk introduced me to it. Glad you guys had a blast.