5 years ago
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Off Sewing
I have been in a bit of a sewing frenzy lately. Another excuse for lack of posting. I have to admit that I kind of enjoy being holed up in my house during the winter for that reason. I have an excuse to stay in my pajamas all day long and enjoy some much needed crafting time. So here are a couple things I've been working on. I'm no fabulous seamstress like some of my other super-talented friends, but it is fun to play around. A few are overdue Christmas projects...I always seem to want to make more than I actually have time for during the holidays...but they get done eventually (smile). I'm currently working on valentine projects and new bedspreads for the girls. They have yet to have any sort of decor that matches their walls and I finally found the perfect fabric. Love it when that happens. So those will be coming soon.
Every little girl needs a kitchen apron for pretending or for helping mom. I just kind of made up a pattern and went for it. We gave them to the girls' friends for Christmas.

Poor Sam was complaining a while back that her beloved blanket was too small for her to fit under. 'Mom I have to squish up in a ball to fit under it'. So I finally made her a new one. Not anything fancy, but definitely soft, comfy, and LARGE. At least for now. Man they grow up fast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Those girls are so cute!!!! and good for you on your cute sewing projects.
oh lady-her blanket is darling! and i can't wait to see what their bedspreads look like.
Love the aprons and that blanket! i attempted my first blanket last month when i made one for Remy's birthday. i need a lesson from you though. i'm not very good. but i love those flowers on sam's blanket. so cute.
could you teach a sewing class please! your just so good. these blankets are the best and Millie still loves hers. I like the apron, how fun
Post a Comment