Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanksgiving Getaway

I finally uploaded the pics from our little family vacation over Thanksgiving. Grandma and Grandpa Erickson invited us to go with them to warmer pastures in Mesquite for the holiday (of course, it rained the majority of the time-just our luck). But we had a lot of fun. On our way down we met up with Brittney and Spencer and the rest of the gang for a little hike at Red Cliffs north of St. George. It was a nice little walk and so much fun for the kids. On our way back we took the scenic route on the back roads to some dinosaur tracks, an old fort, and some great rock formations. We had such a fun time wandering around and enjoying the great scenery! The rest of the weekend was pretty laid back-playing with the kids, hitting a few balls on the putting green (I need a lot more practice) and doing a little shopping (Grandma always loves to spoil the grandkids). On the way home we met up with Britt & Spence again and saw the lights at Temple Square. We had a great time and are so glad Grandma and Grandpa planned such a fun weekend! Thanks and we loved it!Thanks Spence for making us famous! This pic of our entire family was featured on Channel 2 last night on Roughin' It Outdoors. Kind of funny to see yourself on TV!

6 comments:

sunnydaycamp said...

wow! that looks like a beatiful place. I just may need to find out details for the next time that I'm down south.

glad you had a fabulous-o thanksgiving.

Jenny said...

I can't believe how big your girls are getting. I miss southern Utah. I'm afraid it will be a few years before we head that direction again.

Reena Bostock said...

Looks like you all had such a good Holiday! I miss UTAH.

A & E said...

love your pics-makes me miss the red rocks. the temp here today was ZERO. boo how. glad you got to do fun things for thanksgiving, and see the lights. and i LOVE the pics of the ladies eating oreos. that's the best.

Bingham said...

You guys go on some great adventures. Southern Utah looks beautiful. Your girls look like they like to rough it. It looks like alot of fun.

Ben and Michelle said...

We hope you have a wonderful Holiday Season.

Love,
Ben & Michelle