Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Happy Rainy Halloween!

Happy Late Halloween everyone. It was a bit hard to get all excited about Halloween this year. Over 90% of October has been spent hacking up lungs and blowing/wiping snotty noses. I just want to cry when I see my little munchkins with super red chapped noses and lips and teary, sad eyes. Not only that-the big dog and I both got it too. Wahoo. I'm happy to report we are on the mend though. I hope this is all the sickness that we get this winter (ya right) because it has been about more than I can handle!
As for Halloween itself, it was a bit rainy here (ok-so that's an understatement), but it was a good time. We've dressed up a total of about 10 times now, gone to the Halloweenie Roast 4 times, and changed our minds on costumes double that, but all in all, we had a great holiday.Alex originally planned to be a witch. We got all the necessary costume items only for her to have a meltdown the morning of her Preschool Halloween Party because she secretly wanted to be a purple fairy. So much for my cute witch ideas-but we had the costume, so more power to her. She was as happy as a lark after that.Sam decided she just wanted to wear her favorite pink, princess dress-up and be a princess. Blessed child and her simple, inexpensive costume idea. We pulled out mom's old tiara from the Beauty Pagean Days for the occasion and she was a vision.And there is Rees. Isn't she a doll. The little darling was just too cute to put in a costume (that and I was super lazy). Sorry for the blurry pics. I'm not much of a photographer...but you get the idea.And I had to add these pics just for posterity's sake. I love Sam's sad 'Are we seriously taking another picture' look and Alex's great boots...She looks like she should be in combat with those things. But she insisted...and how can you say no to these cuties.

4 comments:

A & E said...

sounds like our house with the costume changes-maya went through at least 4 ideas. :)

your little women look so cute.

rees is ADORABLE. i want to squish her.

Anonymous said...

I will call you tomorrow about diapers. SORRY. It was Finn's birthday and a really wild day today.

Anonymous said...

What some sweet little ladies you have.

Wayne and Jackie said...

Sorry to hear everyone was sick. The girls are so cute! Hope to see you soon.