Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Harvest

Well, I didn't think the garden was going to do much this year because we planted it so darn late! It was well after Memorial Day before we got everything in the ground..so I was pretty skeptical that things would ripen in time and there were several times I thought the bindweed (morning glory) was going to devour my garden. I so love gardening, but it was a challenge keeping up with it this year...could having a baby have anything to do with it? In spite of my week weeding efforts we were blessed with a bounteous harvest...corn, peas, beans, onions, squash of all flavors (and shapes), potatoes (which some little critter devoured before we got to them), tomatoes, peppers , strawberries, raspberries, watermelon and cantaloupe. Wow-it was a lot of work, but it sure payed off-17 Banana squash later...

2 comments:

I Love Good Grub said...

look at all that squash! that's amazing! they are huge!

Wayne and Jackie said...

Okay so for the first year ever, we didn't get any banana squash to grow, so if you have an extra one, we'd love to have it! Everything else grew well though. We were so blessed! We just dug the carrots and picked the last of the apples on Saturday. Hurray! It's all harvested just before the first snow today!