Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Escalante

We took a little weekend trip with my mom and my brother's family to Escalante and southern Utah. We LOVE the scenery and the fun rock formations-we are so lucky to live in a state that has such great scenic diversity! We have so much fun exploring and discovering fun new hidden places in our own backyard. Here are a few pics of our travels.Lower Calf Creek FallsMy cute mom & sisters, Jessie & SarahThe boys hanging out on the trail (waiting for the women as usual)
Alex went from fully clothed-to this in about 5 minutes flat.We had lots of fun identifying the flowers and wildlife on the trails we hiked. Sam was quite the expert by the time we were done. She loved taking her wildflower guide and discovering all the different flowers in bloom. We really had to watch her because she just couldn't help picking a few here and there!Sporting our great $5 Smith & Edwards gardening hats. I know they may look a little funny, but a little skin cancer prevention goes a long way with our fair skin and fiery hair. A little rest stop at a local park in a tiny blink-and-miss town we went through. (There was someone having a wedding right behind us, at the rodeo grounds. Yeehaw).

7 comments:

Bobbi said...

What a fun trip!! Again I love the hat! We never made it on a trip to Southern Utah, I heard it is pretty amazing.

Russ, Emily, Parker and Hannah said...

What beautiful pictures! I love Sam's wildflower discovery.

sunnydaycamp said...

yeah for escalante!!!
love calf creek.

how fun that you went as an extended williamson family.

i love sam sporting the hat and flower identification book... makes me think of grandma diane and her mom...lovers of plants.

Reena Bostock said...

These are such great pictures of your family. You guys always look like you have such a fun time. I'm glad you're doing well.

A & E said...

oh one of my MOST FAVORITE places ever. lots of fun memories there!

sam is such a cute little wildflower expert. :)

and i love alex getting all nekkid in the water....maya is the same way.

glad you had such a fun adventure!

Les said...

You guys are always doing such fun fun trips-hooray!
Your girls are as darling as they come!
And I love the hats!

The Giddings said...

The girls are just SO cute. And I love the pictures with Sam wearing a backpack. It's about as big as she is!